Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Don't cry over spilled coffee....

Hello!
It has been a while since I wrote on my blog, so prepare yourself this maybe a longer blog. Just trying to update you on what's been going on in my life. And I will explain the title of this blog as soon as I can.. So here's the last few days.

Wednesday:
On this day I was able to have the day off and able to drive to Silverdale to see Donna and meet her new baby Keira Leigh! I instantly fell in love with her! She's such a little ham, and a little stubborn but still cute. She is now 2 months old but when I saw her she was 1.5 months old. it's great seeing my friends become mommys it's so exciting to see how they treat their little offspring's! I was able to hold her and take lots of pictures of this little girl! IM sad that Donna and her (and her husband storm) doesn't live closer so I can watch this girl grow up.

Later that day I forced myself to run outside. The weather was PERFECT!! Im so used to running inside that running outside was harder on my lungs. I guess I need to get used to that once again. I hadn't ran outside since feb 13. but since today was a nice day I ran outside. it felt great! my time wasn't the greatest but thats because I had ate famous daves a few hours before. so note to self, dont eat famous daves and go running because you will get a side ache and keep burping up it.

Then for dinner I made pancakes with protein added to them and fresh fruit-- bananas, kiwis, and strawberries. I wish I had taken a picture of the fresh fruit. I just love this time of the year! Yummy fruit!

Thursday:
Was the day I officially signed up for my first half marathon ever! I was a little nervous while filling out the registration form but i did it and now need to get my butt into gear! I've only done one other race. It was last year called "over the narrows" a 10 mile race. So now it's time to run a half marathon. So June 5 I will be doing that, and crossing off yet another new years goal off my list.
This night I made yet again another dinner. (whoo I'm starting to be a little cooker.. or maybe not.. ) I made a chicken patty (the only chicken I had that didn't need to be defrosted...) with pasta salad and steamed veggies. It was really tasty just which I had that chicken breast instead of that chicken patty.

Friday:
Was soccer night! I am just loving soccer, to bad some of my team mates dont' pass the balls. And good thing: No soccer balls at my face. :)

Saturday:
I was able to have nothing planned so I was able to spend the whole day with my dad. I basically watched tv while he was around. but it was still great spending some time with him.

Sunday:
I told myself "rain or shine I must run outside today!!" So I got home from work ate some toast with PB and changed my clothes. I knew it was the tail end of the rain so I had to dress for the weather.This is what I used:: Leggings with running shorts, running shoes, running tank top and a north face windbreaker/rain jacket. And that worked out really well. The leggings worked great kept me dry. And I didn't used my armband this time so I had my phone in my jacket pocket. So no armband = no music. Yes thats right I used no music on this run! So I ran from my house, to Anthony restaurant to tides tavern, up the hill of harbor view, up the hill again of grand view, by the police station, stopped at the restroom by the start of the cushman trail, ran cushman trail to rosedale, meet up with paul, ran up rosedale hill to the high school, ran around the track a few times and back down rosedale, back to the house. A grand total of 7.56 miles in 1hr:07min:14sec!! I was very proud of myself. It felt great running. I wanted to keep going long around mile 6, but I knew i shouldn't. So that means I didn't push myself hard enough. Darn! And it didn't really rain, just a little sprinkle at the start. As soon as we got back to the house it started to sprinkle again, and as soon as I got out of the shower it was pouring. so I made perfect timing to run 7.56miles! Now I need to run that again for my 12k race on april 10.

Before I move on to explain the title of this blog, I would like to mention this:
I have a great grandma, who is 93 years old. I found out the other day that she's not doing so well. Having internal bleeding and was sent to the hospital. Its scary to know that your great-grandma may not live that much longer. We called her 2 weeks ago on my dad's birthday, and she didn't sound like she really wanted to talk. And thats very uncommon for her. She usually asks me "hows my car, Hows work, weather and so on.." but this time she only mentioned how it's still cold outside and they are getting some rain but not to much because that would cause flooding. Then I thanked her for my birthday card last month, and she was like yah I can't get out much and that was it. my dad, brother, and I all said she didn't sound that great. She's such a great woman. Always taking care of others before her self. Always concern about us eating food, making sure we're all set before she eats. waits for us for hours in the lobby of her apartment until we get there. visits her son by taking the bus or taxi, and so on. I love this little old wise lady of my family, I would hate for her to leave, but she has lived for 93 years. I just hate to travel back to North Dakota and see her like that or go to a funeral. I hope she gets better though!

Anyway And now for my title of this blog: Dont cry over spilled coffee:
So today is my day off of work. I was able to sleep in, but that was horrible because I over slept i think i had over 10 hrs of sleep. so that gave me a horrible headache. UGH. So i made a french press coffee, and drank that and still had a headache. so then I went to starbucks, I had a free drink coupon to use. SO I went in there grabbed a triple tall americano with white mocha and steamed soy. I only had a few sips of it. I got home put the coffee on the kitchen counter and I dont know what happened next but all over the kitchen counter was my coffee. UGH I was pissed. Coffee that I wanted so badly was all over the counter, the floor, on the kitchen stools, on my coach purse strap, my keys, and mail. I was so pissed, I wanted the coffee for my headache. I started getting mad, and a tear of frustration came out. So then i had to clean the whole counter, stools, keys, floor, and such and still had a headache. So i had to make some via. YUCK. thats not what I wanted at all. So i had to take a nap to basically start my day over.

No comments:

Post a Comment