Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 6 wedding day.

The day of the wedding. I woke up feeling a little blah from all the wine I drank the night before. So Paul grabbed Starbucks for me and breakfast since he will be gone all day. It was nice I slept in. And relaxed around the hotel. I did manage to go to some stores and shopped some to kill some time. Then it was time to meet people in the lobby. I was catching a Ride to the wedding and had to drive to the reception in paul car. So we got o the wedding. And it all started. We sat down and it started. I was lucky to sit close to the front :) so yes i took pictures. Lots of them :) this wedding was a catholic wedding. I've never been to one before. It was interesting. Alot of praising lord. Prayers and such. Even did mass where people would get up and take communion. Then the wedding was over and the wedding party left in a limo. While they were leaving an airplane flew over ( kris loves airplanes) Here comes the part I've been dreading: driving the car to the reception alone. But lucky for me sev ( kris sister bf) rode with me. I thought oh awesome. A person to make conversation with. But it wasn't that bad. Actually was able sit with them and the others I rode with to the wedding at the reception. It turned out to be the fun table. We had so much adult beverages on that table ! So I got
To the reception found my name tag and table and sat down. The reception was beautiful. They had a guest book scrap book. That you sign on paper that will go into a scrap book. They had wedding pictures of their parents and grandparents. And it was just put together nicely. Then finally the wedding party arrived. They made their grand entrance wearing sunglasses and such. Then it was food time. The food wasn't that bad, had some chicken and such. We watched a slide show of pictures of kris and Ann and then heard some speeches. Had some cake (pies) - wish they announced that they were cutting cake so I could have taken a picture. Oh well--
Then after cake it was dancing time. I don't like dancing but I did dance. They did the traditional bride husband : son mom : dad daughter: they did a dollar dance where you pay 1$ to dance with bride or groom. ( yes I did dance with kris and didn't have to pay :)) also I thought this was neat: they had a dance where married couple ls would get on the dance floor and start dancing and dj would announce how long people Have been married. And the last people standing were kris grandparents that have been married for 63 years.
Also. I was able to help decorate the get away car. It took Paul and I hours/ days to figure out how they were getting back to the hotel. We asked people: groom. And such. We even walked around the parking lot looking and we never saw his car. And all of sudden there it was. His car. So we grabbed some people to help decorate the car. It was easy to grab people because the "fun table" were sitting down so we used them. :) the car looked very cute. Not to dirty. Just alot of hearts and such on it.
We then went back to the dance floor so it looked like we were just taking a break. Thats when I actually started dancing. I even danced with kris a few times. I had a blast!! But boy was I tired when we got back to our room. Paul went down with some of the guys for more drinks. But over all it was a good wedding. I'm glad I was able to go to it:) I just need to wait to post pictures of the wedding. And they're having a Seattle reception so I'm going to that as well. ;)
Congrats to both kris and Ann. Good luck with your new life together!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment