Tuesday, October 11, 2011

5 years already?!?

10/10/2011- Was the day I have been working at starbucks for 5 years! I can't believe it's been 5 years already!! I have come along way since 2006! I started working at starbucks 5 years ago. I was 18 years old, just had graduated high school and I was starting my first ever quarter at TCC. I had turned in my app, went to a job fair, met with traci, and bam I was walking out of class to my car when I got a phone call, from traci saying I got the job, what I should wear and i start on 10th. I was so excited and nervous. But it has been a great! I learned alot over the last 5 years, I started off shy and quiet but  i think it took 7months to finally open up and become louder! :) This has changed the way I am. I am not that shy little girl anymore, Im more loud. I have had customers tell me over the years, wow i remember when you first started and i love how you are today over the years of changes. I still love my job after 5 years, yes theres times i dont like it (when some people play favorites and dont do their jobs--) and eggnog time. but over all i still to this day love my job. I miss the people who aren't working there anymore but it's been great. Now your probably wondering what will happen next? Well i have been a barista for this long, I think it's time to move to become a shift. I've been ready for a while but i think i have been enjoying the less stress life right now but i can see myself moving up now. 5 years it's time to expand my horizon! I just want to say thanks to everyone who has seen me grow, help me learn, gain new skills, and such!

No comments:

Post a Comment